The JO is funded and overseen, as required in the Licences of the large gas transporters, by the Joint Governance Arrangements Committee (JGAC).
Each network owner is represented on the JGAC as follows:
- Cadent - Stuart Easterbrook
- National Gas Transmission - Chris Logue
- Northern Gas Networks - Joanna Ferguson (current Chair)
- Scotia Gas Networks - David Handley
- Wales and West Utilities - Richard Pomroy
The JO is represented by Penny Garner.
The Joint Governance Arrangements Agreement (JGAA), which sets out the terms by which the Joint Office operates, is also published below. The JGAC reviews the JGAA at least annually, and it is subject to Ofgem agreement.